- Heavy vehicle maintenance: moving truck and mining engines around the workshop
- Pulling buses or trucks through a production line
- Towing airplanes in and out of hangers
- Aerospace maintenance
- Capacity: 5 tonne, 10 tonne and 20 tonne models available (all models can be ordered with optional lifter)
- Heavy duty construction to handle heavy loads
- Easy attachment to trolleys, with manual or automated hitches available
- Foot print: 1910L x 750W x 995H (handle down)
- Quiet, smooth operation with zero emissions
- Low maintenance, simple to use. No driver’s licence required.
- Larger capacities available on request
- Training and servicing programs available
- Comprehensive 12 month warranty
Intuitive control with standard automatic safety brake, forward and reverse drive.
Built with heavy industrial applications in mind, the Tough Tug utilises a powerful 48V drive system to allow a single operator to hitch and move large loads. It is available in three capacities, 5 tonne, 10 tonne and 20 tonne, with an optional hydraulic lifting hitch available for either capacity.
Fitted with the tiller control, the operator walks in front of the heavy load, allowing maximum forward vision and eliminating the possibility of accidents when negotiating turns. The Tough Tug converts a difficult and often dangerous operation into an easy to move motorised assembly.
The Tough Tug incorporates all of the latest developments in Australian made D.C. geared motors, a high capacity programmable controller, forward and reverse drive controls, variable speed control, automatic electromagnetic park brakes and emergency brake release.
The Tough Tug can be fitted with a variety of hitches depending on the application and towing requirement. There is no standard hitch for this unit. The type of hitch is determined at the point of order. The Tough Tug helps to reduce the work load significantly, and also helps to avoid unwanted and unnecessary injuries.